Thursday, March 25, 2010

Will I Sleep Tonight?


Here we are on the eve of another Sweet 16 game.  I have listened to entirely too much sports talk radio & am so excited about the big match up with Ohio State - I can barely stand it.  I wish I had ordered that perfect TN basketball shirt I have had my eye on.   Oh well!

This has been a season of drama and excitement in Knoxville from Negedu's heart trouble, the dismissal of Tyler Smith, the Lane Kiffin incident, and suspensions to BIG WINS over Kansas and Kentucky - both #1s.  It may have boosted my love for the basketball Vols to a new level.  Maybe even over football (which I thought would be impossible).  I love that I know each player, I get to watch 2 games a week, and each game doesn't consume a great portion of the day.  This is easy for me to say this year - we'll see if my love is still strong when both teams are excelling.

I thank the seniors Wayne, JP, and Bobby - you made the winter A LOT more fun for me.  The Sneed Family will miss you greatly in 2011.  I love this team and hope they can win it all - which I think they can if Wayne stays out of foul trouble.  

In the words of the great Tony Basilio, "Why not us?  Why not now?"  Please enjoy Wooley's (aka Swiperboy) rap about the Sweet 16 here.  Insert your name at any point to be a Baller Vol.

No comments: