Saturday, April 10, 2010

Birmingham Golden Birthday

I love Golden Birthdays!  If you are not familiar with the term, it is when you turn an age the same number as your birth date.  I had mine on my 22nd b'day because I was born on the 22nd.  Aunt Sally had hers last week, so we decided to road trip to Birmingham to help her celebrate!  Here are some great things about B'ham:

1.  Turkoyz - This is my favorite jewelry shop ever!  It is located in Brookwood Mall and has simple, but unique pieces for everyday wear.  It is always a hard choice to decide what to get because I usually want about 15 different things.  Here are the cool bird earrings I picked up!

2.  Birmingham Botanical Gardens - I cannot believe this was the 1st time I was able to go here!  Sally talks about this spot often, but I had no idea it was awesome!  We went on the most gorgeous day ever, which probably helped a lot - but I think this place would be amazing any day.  They have several different natural terrians, lots of places to throw out a blanket, paths to stroll or run, a vegetable & herb garden, indoor jungle and desert rooms, and it was free.  I ran out of my favorite type of journal this week and was able to pick up a flowery patterned set at their gift shop - bonus!  Fantastic place.


3.  Ousler's Sandwiches - We had an amazing box lunch at Sally's birthday party at her work.  I wanted a second one.  This place makes chicken salad sandwiches on white bread and deviled eggs that were fab.  Perfect for an antique store golden birthday party.

4.  Aunt Sally - She's our favorite part of Birmingham!  We can't wait to go back and visit her again!

1 comment:

ssdavis said...

I know that you told me that you were doing a blog, but i had kinda forgotten about it. Today was the first day for me to discover your it, and i see it is about your trip to visit me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making my golden birthday the absolute best ever!!!!!!!