Friday, April 30, 2010

Technology Discoveries of the Week

1.  Podcast Discovery - iTunes Celebrity Playlist - I love reading celebrity playlists on iTunes, but the podcast of this feature takes it up a notch.  It basically consists of this:  A celebrity makes a playlist and explains why they picked each song after playing a short clip.  I have been reminded of some tunes I had forgotten, but also found some new music!  I enjoyed listening to The Fray's playlist this week - they introduced me to some Peter Gabriel songs I hadn't heard.

2.  App Discovery - Skygazer - When I look at the sky, I think all stars are either Orion's Belt or the Big Dipper.  Those times are about to change!  I downloaded Skygazer for my iPhone & it is amazing!  It uses your location from the GPS and the compass to show you a picture of what stars should be in front of your eyes & what the names of the constellations are.  Orion would actually be in my vision right now if the sun weren't out.  I am very excited about this app!

3.  Post Discovery - Old Fashioned Floats - The Kitchn website posted an amazing article yesterday about different types of ice cream floats to make!  And after reading the post, I am dying to have a float party.  I must make a Purple Cow soon...... Be sure to read the comments section - people had a lot of delicious ideas to contribute!

1 comment:

Tiffany Hope said...

Sooo, did you ever have your float party? Because we should do that!