Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Biographies


My last round of reading included two enjoyable biographies - I recommend both highly for different reasons.  Jumping Through Fires by David Nassar is a story of an Iranian/Alabamian's journey into Christianity.  I love reading people's stories, but this one was particularly touching to me because it involved teenagers reaching out to others.

Home Game is written by Michael Lewis (author of the Blind Side and husband of former MTV News Reporter, Tabitha Soren) about being a young father.  I laughed my way through it because I can see so much of Rowdy and myself going through the same trials as new parents.  I particularly enjoyed  reading his thoughts about the question, "How's Dad?", to men when their wife is in labor.  No one cares about the dad - even if they are hungry (or in our case - happen to be wearing uncomfortable shoes).  After watching the Blind Side this week & reading Home Game, I am looking forward to more of Michael Lewis!

No comments: