Monday, February 15, 2010

Ok, Ok, I'll just start doing this....

My friend, Casie, and I decided to start blogs recently. I think Julie & Julia may have had something to do with it. We were trying to come up with a theme, but just decided to start and see what we like to write about. You can check hers out at here. I am personally a little nervous about this because I am not a great writer, but being more homebound these days - I need an outlet. So, after procrastinating for a week and a half.... here is my first post...

I had no idea what to name this thing... so I came up with "From the Ewok Village" for 3 reasons:

1) I love ewoks. My personal ewok, Princess Kneesa, will turn 26 on February 22nd. We have been through a lot together. Maybe I will tell the story of how she came to be mine on her birthday.



2) I live in the trees these days, just like the ewok village.



3) Ewoks are awesome - they fight the evil forces, they share with others (like Princess Leia), they capture all sorts of large creatures despite their small stature, and they can throw one heck of a party. I think this exchange from "How I Met Your Mother" says it best:

Ted Mosby: I just met the perfect woman. She's funny, she's beautiful, she loves "Star Wars"...
Marshall Eriksen: Woah woah woah, what's her take on Ewoks?
Ted Mosby: Loves them!
Marshall Eriksen: Oh, good. I don't know why people are so cynical about Ewoks, the Rebellion would have failed without the Ewoks.
Ted Mosby: And get this: She's a marine biologist, she spent a year in Antarctica studying penguins.
Marshall Eriksen: Oh, penguins are cool. Kinda like black-and-white Ewoks. I approve.

I love penguins too - so this quote is awesome in my book.



I am also looking to discuss things in threes. My SS teacher, Jay Benson, gave us some fact about learning best in 3s. Our minds are always looking for more with two points and throw out one if we have four points. So three it is.

Feel free to encourage me in this endeavor by following the blog or responding/commenting...

4 comments:

lugnut hambone said...

1) Love your post.
2) You write well.
3) You are funny.

Tracy said...

It's been a long time since I've seen her. I love seeing Princess Kneesa and to know that she is doing well.

Suz said...

I enjoyed seeing your blog! What happened to your Cabbage Patch doll & Mama Rabbit and her babies? Your Nicky

nicole said...

The Cabbage Patch Doll ... no idea. But, the Mama Rabbit and her babies are on Wilson's door knob. I love those bunnies.